Tuesday, December 25, 2012

New York's Bryant Park - The Holiday Shops

I was lucky enough to travel with my family to New York City recently and experience the wonderful temporary Holiday Shops and skating rink set up in Bryant Park for the winter.  This is a marvelous example of the use of pop-up retail to transform an already exquisitely designed public space into a magical place for the holiday season.  The small shop pavilions are arranged to form a cozy network of pedestrian passages like those found in traditional European Christmas markets.




2 comments:

  1. I always asked myself that why this holiday park is so popular in this region! Got the answer in this post. Very energetic and lively pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Jackjack. I'm glad I could be helpful! My family and I always try to spend at least a little time in Bryant Park whenever we get the chance visit Manhattan. It's a public space that seems to function beautifully in every season!

      Delete